DBYC NOTICE OF RACE - 2017/18
The Organising Authority is Davey’s Bay Yacht Club Inc.
NOTICE OF RACE
NOTICE OF RACE
- The racing will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) and Australian Sailing Special Regulations Part 2 will apply.
- DBYC ”Storage and Owner’s Declaration” will apply. To download a copy of the declaration go to http://www.dbyc.com.au/membership-boat-registration.html or click here
- By entering you agree to abide by DBYC’s Club Rules and Policies as they apply to racing (including Club Code of Conduct and Childsafe Guidelines). DBYC’s Club Rules and Policies can be found at http://www.dbyc.com.au/club-rules--policies.html or by clicking here.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
- The sailing is open to all mono-hull off the beach boats, including Flying Fifteens.
- The helmsperson or crew must be a financial member of DBYC for the boat to be included in the results for the club series and/or events.
- Racing with the first warning at 1400 will be held on Sundays commencing 8th October 2017 as per the calendar displayed on the DBYC web site.
- Number of races: The number of races for each Trophy will be displayed on the DBYC web site.
- Each boat shall produce a valid measurement certificate, if requested.
- Each boat shall comply with their class rules.
- SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The sailing instructions will be available on the DBYC web site prior to the first race of the season.
- THE COURSES
The courses to be sailed will be included in the Sailing Instructions.
Prizes will be given as per the Sailing Instructions.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the racing entirely at their own risk. See Rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of A$10million per incident or the equivalent.